Sunday, April 1, 2007

ON GETTING PUBLISHED

I've been writing for most of my life. Most recently though, I have tried to get a manuscript published. It has been an education in of itself.
1. Not Christian enough
2. Too foul mouthed
3. Too many rhyming verse
4. Not enough rhyming verse
5. Need to pay the editor ( I thought that was his job at his company)
6. And last but certainly, not least, it will only cost you $15,000 to $18,000 dollars as the "author participation" fee. This came from a "Christian" publisher who wanted to pray with me BEFORE he took my money! Sound like some of those EEEvangelists. Send your money to me.( I need a new Rolls) God will bless you. I guess I have bitched enough. See ya' later.

2 comments:

Dr. Brainiac said...

That's right - keep sendin' them pitchers o' dead prez-o-dents and they'll keep prayin' for your soul. Broke? Tough shit - pray for yo' damn self.

Brunhilda said...

Ugh. Glad you did get published. I can't imagine. Don't ever let them sensor you - your words are perfect as is.