Monday, January 14, 2008

Publishing Purgatory

Some of you may have noticed my absence. I have been in publishing purgatory! However, I have returned unscathed. My book titled "Through Clouded Eyes" was released just before Christmas. Hurray for me! Don't you just love early Christmas presents? The book is available through Barnes and Noble, Borders, Waldenbooks, Amazon.com and of course, my publishing house publishamerica.com. It appears to be doing quite well. I am thickled pink! I am almost ready to submit a second book titled "This Side of the Dirt". Taking photos in old cemeteries. Oh, don't freak..it's not that ghoulish. It's really not. It's kind of like editing...making certain you've gotten the lessons learned before the "dirt nap".
That was the good news. Now you know that I've saved the bad for last. I was making a left turn onto a six lane highway on Friday last when my power steering went kaflooey! Trust me when I tell you that those suvs don't like to turn without it. Talk about getting your panties in a wad! Pulled into the nearest service station and popped the hood to take a look. Can you imagine the looks I got? A white haired little old lady with an oxygen tank strapped to her under the hood of her suv checking out the problem. I knew as soon as I opened the resevoir and found it almost depleted that I was in deep s---! I feel as if I need to beg the question...should it go kaflooey after only 40K miles? I don't think so! Needless to say the pump is not yet available as an after market item so the "House" had to make the repair. Rip off central!! I will pick it up today when I leave a wheel barrow full of that precious green stuff. Bye, Bye moola. So much for any royalties earned so far.

3 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Oh my. My power steering pump is on the brink too. It just decided to go out when I rounded a corner. Scary, scary, scary that was. I too put in some fluid myself. Feels good to be independent, huh.

I think the new book sounds very interesting. I am drawn to old cemetaries. We have one established in 1860 or so and I love to wander about it. I wonder about who the people were, giggle at their names, and feel sorrow for the children's graves.

pooch48 said...

brunhilda,
The good news is that my sweet son-in-law got mine replaced for zip! Here's to knowing the right people.
See! I knew that I couldn't possibly be the only one fascinated with old cemeteries. I woner about their lives. Sometimes, I can almost picture them in my mind's eye..
By the way, thank you for the review on Amazon regarding my book, Through Clouded Eyes. I am so very happy you have enjoyed it.

Brunhilda said...

Knowing people does wonders. The man put some sealent in mine, and it seems to have done the trick. It's acting back to normal now.

I do wonder about their lives, esp. the ones who lost so many children so close together. I wonder if it was illness, birth defects, whatever. I can picture them too. I love to read the old names.

Your quite welcome for the review, thanks so much for signing my copy. :)