Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soul in Darkness

In darkness my soul does wander
Lost as in the deepest forest.
Dear God, my God, why turn
Your light from me?
Wandering, stumbling, falling
my soul engulfed in sadness
heart and soul shatter in this black void.
God and His angels have turned
their bright countenance.
Trembling in fear, as a child,
I seek His grace.
In those dark hours before the dawn,
a hand reaches out I see.
A voice so sweet and yet so strong
Beckons, child, my child come to me.
Love so pure, the light returns
as down on my knees, I pray.
The answer comes, haunting refrain,
it was I who turned away.

1 comment:

Brunhilda said...

"The answer comes, haunting refrain,
it was I who turned away."

Beautiful and very true. Echos a sermon I heard this Sunday. Thanks for the reminder.